Congrats to Chris Mullin for having his no. 17 jersey retired by the Golden State Warriors.
Mullin played shooting guard and small forward in the NBA from 1985 to 2001. After playing at St. John’s University, during which he won Big East Men’s Basketball Player of the Year three times and was a member of the 1984 U.S.A. Men’s Olympic Basketball team, Mullin was chosen as the seventh pick by the Golden State Warriors in the first round of the 1985 NBA Draft.
He played with the Warriors from the 1985-86 until the 1996–97 seasons…then after a stint with the Pacers, returned to Golden State and retired in 2001.
Here is a list of some of the major accomplishments of his Hall of Fame career:
- 5× NBA All-Star (1989–1993)
- All-NBA First Team (1992)
- 2× All-NBA Second Team (1989, 1991)
- All-NBA Third Team (1990)
- John R. Wooden Award (1985)
- USBWA Player of the Year (1985)
- UPI College Player of the Year (1985)
- 3× Big East Player of the Year (1983–1985)
- 3× Haggerty Award winner (1983–1985)
- Consensus NCAA All-American First Team (1985)
- Consensus NCAA All-American Second Team (1984)
Here is a look at one of our tribute tees to Mullin and the Warriors…featuring a combo of a few of our favorite Warrior squads. Pick up the Bonafide Icon Ultimate Warrior tee here.